Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
This is a bank/casual role
Reporting into the Chef Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements.
- Compliance with food safely hygiene and health & safety procedures.
- Minimising wastage when preparing meals and using equipment correctly.
- Escalating concerns and issues.
Required knowledge & experience:
- Level 2 food safety certificate.
- Health & safety procedures including control of substances harmful to health (COSHH)
- Previous catering experience with knowledge of basic food safety and safe use of knives & kitchen equipment.
- Experience of working with older people
- Ability to organize time and prioritise activities.
- Able to work in a pressured environment.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Sandstones in Wallasey is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 35 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Rated Good overall with CQC & strong community networks of support to continue to maintain such great reports to continue to provide person centred care to all of our customers & ensuring their safety along the way
- Good staff retention increases morale. Employees that enjoy what they do and the atmosphere in which they work are more likely to remain employed within Sandstones. Retention strategies are important because they help create a positive work environment and strengthen an employee's commitment to the organization. We have a large amount of long term staff here
- Supervision, rewards & progression. We support are colleagues with a processes that includes arranging regular and frequent meetings to review their work and to provide development and support along their way climbing up that ladder to better themselves. Staff recognition is important in Sandstones & rewarded each month for staff members going that extra mile in the workplace with employee of the month schemes