Home based with frequent travel across England as and when required
c.£60k + Car Allowance
Job Title: Lead Technical Manager - Commercial
Location: Home based with frequent travel across England as and when required
Salary: c. £60k plus car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent
Interviews will be held 21st December 2020
Do you want within a high performing team that is experiencing huge ambition to grow? Looking for agile working with the infrastructure to get the best support? Looking for a new role, something different or something more rewarding?
Anchor Hanover is expanding our new developments and we’re growing our team and recruiting a number of talented individuals to help us achieve our target of over 3200 new homes where people love living in later life.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the management of numerous development projects across the stage of design development and tender from planning application to a detailed design and tender by contractors, proactively managing the design and tender process to deliver quality designs and completion of contractor tender with a robust contract package ready for signing in line with the project cost plan and required design.
Working in partnership with colleagues in the Technical and Commercial team to share expertise across the stages of the development with particular focus on
- Robust contractual and commercial documentation and processes
- Commercial risk identification and management
- Compliance with Anchor Hanover procurement policy and processes
- Assessment of tender responses for overall value for money and viability of the constructions cost with the business cases
- Finalising the Contract and execution with contractors
- Documentation is managed via shared portals to be available across the Development Team
You will have previous experience of delivering tenders and finalised contracts for residential and/or retirement or care projects, concluding of contracts with contractors and experience of the site construction of schemes
You will have:
- Experience of managing, coaching and mentoring a team in an agile working environment with various internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Managing teams designing buildings in the residential and or retirement housing with care sector.
- Understanding of the planning application process, compliance with consents and clearance of reserved matters.
- Expertise in construction cost plans, the commercial processes followed by building contractors and standard forms of building contract
- Broad experience of the building industry, in depth knowledge of the process of building design, materials, and alternative methods of construction
- Understanding of the legislation that the designers, contractors and operators must comply with in delivering developments in the retirement housing with care sector.
- Experience of building design QA procedures.
Please note due to the nature of the role being home based and the size of documentation that is received daily, the postholder will need to have fast fibre-broadband access
Anchor Hanover Group is England’s largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people across 1700 locations with a turnover of £550m. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we live and breathe our values in everything we do. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
As an Anchor Hanover colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )