Construction (Anchor Hanover)
C.£40k + Car Allowance
Job Title: Construction Quality Controller
Location: Home based with frequent travel around the North
Salary: c.£40k + car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent
Interviews will be held w/c 4th & 11th January 2021
Do you aspire to work in a high performing team which is expanding to deliver more homes for retirement living? Are you looking for the flexibility to be based from home coupled with brilliant and connected support?
Whether you’re looking for something different, more rewarding, exciting or all three, Anchor Hanover are recruiting to new roles which will combine the best of agile working, with flexibility and travel.
Anchor Hanover is expanding our new development team and we’re recruiting talented individuals to help us achieve our target of providing over 3200 new homes where people love living in later life.
About the role
Reporting to the Lead Construction Delivery Manager you will be responsible for:
- Familiarising with relevant drawings and written instructions in the Development Plan, checking them, and using them as a reference when inspecting the work
- making visual inspections of projects onsite
- taking measurements and samples on site to make sure that the work and the materials meet the specifications and quality standards
- ensuring knowledge of legal requirements is up to date and to check that the work complies with these requirements
- having a working knowledge of health and safety legislation and bringing shortfalls to management
- working in a collaborative and solution focussed manner
- keeping clear, concise and auditable records of all activity
- preparing a schedule of defects at the end of the defects liability period for communication with contractors
- monitoring the performance of main and sub-contractors onsite
- attending site meetings and making reports on the progress of the new development
You will have a background in construction and have a proven experience with the involvement in the technical aspects of new developments including control of quality delivery. You will have:
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management
- An awareness of customer engagement with the ability to consider the customer in all scenarios
- Well-developed IT skills and knowledge of relevant software packages
- Ability to identify, manage and mitigate relevant risks pertinent to the job role
- Conversant with current Health and Safety/CDM legislation
- Capability of interpreting M&E requirements and ensures systems installed accordingly.
- Wide understanding of the construction industry and experience of working on an operational site, including methods of construction and legal requirements
- Strong communication (oral, written and presentation) skills, with an approachable style
Please note due to the nature of the role being home based and the size of documentation that is received daily, the postholder will need to have fast fibre-broadband access
Anchor Hanover Group is England’s largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people across 1700 locations with a turnover of £550m. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we live and breathe our values in everything we do. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
As an Anchor Hanover colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )