An exciting opportunity has become available for a Wellness Co-ordinator to join the team working in our services across X to support the delivery of a diverse range of wellbeing and activities to meet the needs of our residents.
Job Title: Wellness Co-ordinator
Location: Staffordshire & Derbyshire and surrounding areas
Salary: Competitive with paid mileage and exceptional benefits
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
- Pro-actively coordinate resident focussed activity and wellness planning support to our Home Managers, Activity Champion(s) and wider home colleagues within the operating district including signposting to resources, ideas generation and developing community links/networks.
- Support, encourage and advocate a whole team approach to activities and engagement across the district to achieve high quality, meaningful and stimulating interventions for residents on a daily basis
- Champion best practice and together with the Home Manager(s) motivate colleagues to provide high quality wellness activities which promote choice, inclusion and happy living
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders and partners linked to resident engagement activities.
Required knowledge & experience:
- A proven track record in delivering a creative and inclusive approach to older peoples wellness and activities.
- An understanding of the holistic approach to wellness and activities taking into account lifestyle and physical and mental health needs (including dementia).
- Knowledge of the care sector and regulation/policies and how this influences the development of wellness activities for customers within the sector - including CQC inspections and the correlation to meaningful wellness activities.
- Experience of developing and delivering themed activities / events capable of engaging a wide audience with differing needs and the sourcing of activity resources.
Required skills / Qualifications:
- Ability to engage, influence and motivate colleagues at all levels
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to network to create partnerships internally and externally
- IT literate
- Three or more years in a similar role (desirable)
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As an Anchor Hanover colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates