Competitive depending on experience
Job Title: Head of Legal
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Company Secretary you will:
- provide (and oversee the provision of) broad-ranging legal support and advice to the business;
- ensure the legal services provided to the business are commercial, pragmatic and add value to the organisation;
- provide leadership to AHG’s in-house legal teams (Housing Litigation, Property, Employment and Liability Claims);
- lead by example, encouraging collaboration and continuous learning, enabling staff to deliver high performance results and provide service excellence;
- ensure a robust legal risk framework is in place and operating effectively.
You will have:
- Substantial PQE and have in-house experience in a dynamic fast-paced business
- Experience in the Housing or Care sectors would be an advantage but is not critical
- a track record of team leadership and effective performance management amongst direct or matrix reports
- Strong insight into and application of a relevant area of law (eg. Housing, Property, Litigation, Commercial Contracts, Corporate, Charities), as well as understanding of registered provider and care regulation and compliance
- Understanding of business needs pertaining to in-house legal services
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
Hundreds of talented professionals with a range of specialist skills and experience based in our Bradford and London offices make up our Support Services. While we all do very different things, we work towards the same goal of improving the lives of the older people who live with us.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )