Bluegrove House London
Hourly Rate of Pay (£)
Join us as a Senior Care Assistant / Team Leader at Anchor to make a real and positive difference to the lives of older people. You'll be responsible for caring for people with a wide range of needs as well as dispensing medication. This role will also give you the opportunity to use your management skills to ensure a high level of quality care is being delivered. We are looking for someone who is customer focused, committed to delivering exceptional, high quality care and has a strong attention to detail. While it is not imperative that you have a Level 3 qualification in health and social care, you just need to be interested in working towards it.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
Bluegrove House in Bermondsey is home to well trained and helpful staff with rooms for up to 48 residents. At Anchor, we pride ourselves in providing 24-hour care and specialised services for elderly people, the beauty of our grounds, the quality of our catering and our engaging activities we deliver.
- Good public transport links with easy access from three London Underground stations: Bermondsey station is only a walking distance, Surrey Quays and Canada Water stations are easily accessible by a number of buses that run close to the home with the route P12 bus stop being right outside the Home
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients. The quality and variety of food is highly rated by our customers and family members
- The Home has developed very good community networks and intergenerational liaison with local: Schools, Scouts, Nursery, and City of London Academy. Customers enjoy these a lot and benefit in ensuring their wellbeing. The Home is partner with The Southwark Dementia Alliance Action group which is very resourceful and supportive
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Anchor shopping discounts
- Pension plan (4% employee, 4% employer contribution)
- On the job training (level 2 Health and Social Care) enhanced pay rate once completion of above qualification
- Double time payment on select Bank Holidays