Repairs Central (Anchor Hanover)
Competitive depending on experience
Job Title: Repairs Surveyor
Location: Home based with frequent travel around Cheltenham, Gloucester, Oxford & Worcester area
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role
The Repairs Surveyor is responsible for the delivery of major repairs by adopting Anchor Hanover standard delivery process including timely completion of:
- An agreed technical specification and compliance requirements for all major repairs identified in the designated areas and agreed timelines for delivery of the repair within defined standards.
- Communicating any unavoidable changes immediately to the contractor and internal departments.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of all allocated major repairs on time, within budget and cashflow targets.
- Responsible for liaison with Anchor Hanover commercial team, contractor and suppliers during design and costing of repairs including sign off final brief, target costs and issue of purchase order
- Be accountable for devolving responsibility to the contractor
- Understand performance, provide feedback and addressing robustly poor performance.
- Working collaboratively with the contractor and other key stakeholders
- Management of the financial process including final sign off
- Managing all aspects of communications with operational colleagues for all major repairs including direct liaison& devolving responsibility to contractor
- Undertaking Stock Condition surveys
You will have a Building, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering background with prior experience of repairs delivery, as well as experience of contractor management and budgetary management experience across multiple projects/contracts. You will have previous building surveyor experience and be able to undertake stock condition surveys.
You will be self-motivated with a flexible approach, have the ability to learn quickly and adopt best practice and take ownership of issues and drive through to conclusion. You will have knowledge of IT packages/applications to produce programmes reports, specifications and presentations containing complex data and information
Anchor Hanover Group is the largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people throughout England. We provide more than 60,000 homes for older people, and are a trusted care provider with more than 100 care homes.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we believe in values. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
As an Anchor Hanover colleague working from home, you’ll have access to a wide range of great communications and networking technologies. You’ll find that working from home is no barrier to being part of a close knit team and our friendly collaborative culture.
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing for older people, we’re able to negotiate great deals and benefits for our people. Here are just a few of the things you’ll get when you work with Anchor.
Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
20% off mobile phone contracts
Cashback on dental and medical expenses
Discounted Private Medical rates
Click here to find out more about our full benefits and wellbeing package (the link is https://ahbeingwell.co.uk/ )